[Update: Aug. 25] OnePlus Nord N10 OxygenOS update: new features, bug fixes, improvements, etc.
New updates are added at the bottom of this story â¦â¦.
The original story (published November 10, 2020) follows:
OnePlus’ new line of Nord devices is the company’s attempt to go back to its roots; offering decent smartphones at an affordable price.
While these devices don’t feature the industry-leading Snapdragon chips, as we’ve come to expect from all OnePlus devices, they do offer plenty of value propositions.
Recently, we saw OnePlus introduce two other devices in its Nord line, the OnePlus Nord N100 and the OnePlus Nord N10.
Both of these devices are cheaper versions of the OnePlus Nord, with the OnePlus Nord N100 being the lower tier and the OnePlus Nord N10 being âthe middle childâ.
The OnePlus Nord N10 has decent specs even in 2020. It packs a 5G-capable Qualcomm Snapdragon 690 SoC and a 90Hz Full HD AMOLED display with a 4300mAh battery keeping the device powered.
The OnePlus Nord N10 runs Android 10 based OxygenOS 10 out of the box despite the fact that Android 11 based OxygenOS 11 is official.
Unofficial reports haven’t mentioned anything about this device in regards to an update to Android 11.
As the device continues to ship to users, OnePlus is today releasing an incremental update to the OnePlus North that aims, among other things, to improve camera performance and optimize battery consumption of the system.
-Optimized energy consumption of the system
-Update of Android security patch until 2020.10
-Optimization of the camera shooting experience.
The update, which bears the software version number OxygenOS 10.5.5, also brings the October 2020 security patch and is deployed to OnePlus Nord N10 units in the EU only.
As we expected from OnePlus updates, this incremental update will hit a small percentage of users today, and will be followed by a larger rollout in a few days.
As a reminder, the less powerful OnePlus Nord N100 already bagged a similar update not so long ago.
You might want to stay tuned to PiunikaWeb for all things OnePlus in our dedicated OnePlus section.
Update 1 (November 12)
IST 13:44: OnePlus surprised us all by announcing that the new OnePlus Nord N10 5G and N100 will only receive one major Android update. Since the devices launched with Android 10, Android 11 will be the first and last major update for these phones according to a report.
Now that’s a step in the wrong direction given that other OEMs have just started increasing the number of major Android updates they would release for their smartphones.
Update 2 (November 20)
IST 9:44 am: Developers will be happy to hear that OnePlus has released the kernel source code for the OnePlus Nord N10 on the company’s official GitHub page under the âandroid_kernel_oneplus_sm6350â repository. (Going through)
Update 3 (December 23)
IST 10:30 p.m .: OnePlus has released OxygenOS 10.5.8 update for OnePlus Nord N10 5G which brings system, camera and mobile network improvements. Apart from that, the latest update also features the December security patch. Here is the changelog for the update:
– Optimization of the power consumption of the system
– Updated Android security patch until 2020.12
– GMS package updated until 2020.09
– Improved system stability
– Improved shooting experience with the camera
– Improved the stability of the mobile network connection to improve the experience
Update 4 (January 18)
IST 13:44: OnePlus is rolling out OxygenOS 10.5.9 on the OnePlus Nord N10 5G. This update brings, among other things, the new security patch for January 2021.
This update can be identified by its software version number OxygenOS 10.5.9.BE89BA in Europe and OxygenOS 10.5.9.BE86AA in North America Below is the changelog.
Optimized energy consumption
Android security patch update to 2021.01
Network stability further improved
Update 5 (February 18)
OnePlus has a new update for the Nord N10 in Europe under the name OxygenOS 10.5.10. Part of the changes is the latest security patch for February as well as some 5G network improvements.
Below is a summary of the changelog:
– Adjusted some feature descriptions
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.02
– GMS package updated until 2020.12
– Improved 5G connection quality in some scenarios to provide better and stable network environment
If the incremental OTA update has not yet reached your device, you can grab it from the link below. We also have the full OTA for those interested.
- Device: OnePlus Nord N10
- Channel: Stable Europe
- Version: OxygenOS 10.5.10
- Android: 10
Update 6 (February 24)
IST 13:21 pm: New reports now indicate that OnePlus Nord N10 5G users in Europe can now access the digital assistant Alexa hands-free. All they have to do is call “Alexa” and it will invoke that helper. More on that here.
Update 7 (April 14)
IST 13:02 pm: OnePlus Nord N10 users receive an update, OxygenOS 10.5.11 and OxygenOS 10.5.12 in the regions of the EU and the world respectively. Below is the changelog for the update.
-Improvement of the power consumption of the system
-Fixed known issues and improved system stability
-Update Android security patch to 2021.03
-Improved performance and stability of Wi-Fi transfer
-Improved communication and 5G network stability
Update 8 (May 24)
IST 2:30 p.m .: OnePlus is rolling out the May security patch for OnePlus Nord N10 users with software version number OxygenOS 10.5.14. Below is the changelog.
Update 9 (July 26)
IST 10:15 p.m .: OnePlus Nord N10 5G is now receiving a new OxegenOS 11 update in Europe, North America and Turkey as versions 11BE89BA and 11BE89AA respectively. Here is the common changelog for the same:
– Update to version OxygenOS 11
– New visual UI design gives you a more comfortable experience with various detail optimizations
– Since this is a big Android update with several new features, the upgrade process may take a little longer, please be more patient.
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.06
– Updated camera UI and optimized some function paths to provide more convenient operation
– Newly added HEVC codec to reduce video storage size seamlessly, capture and shoot more without compromising on quality
– Newly added access to third party app to share image by long pressing on it in preview
– Newly added quick access to record mode by pressing and holding the shutter button and dragging the button, you can easily zoom in or out
– Newly added time-lapse mode playback display to show actual shooting time
– New style of Insight clock, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (To set: Settings> Personalization> Clock on ambient display)
– New canvas feature which can automatically draw wireframe image based on lock screen photo on your phone ï¼Path: Settings – Personalization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically
– Newly added gaming toolbox for convenient Pro Gaming mode switches. You can now choose three notification modes: text only, warning and block just for your immersive gaming experience
– New quick reply function added in a small window for WhatsApp and INS (activate it by swiping down from the top right / left corners of the screen in game mode)
– New contact error prevention function. Activate it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will appear
– Added shortcut for dark mode, you can pull down Quick Settings panel and find it
– Support automatic activation by time range (path: Settings – Display – Dark mode – Automatic activation – Automatic activation from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
Update 10 (August 25)
IST 23:56: OnePlus has reportedly released another update for OnePlus Nord N10 5G users, this time OxygenOS 11.0.1BE89BA for EU users and for North Americans, OxygenOS 11.0.1BE86AA.
The update brings some improvements to the device’s Wi-Fi and to the August security patch. The following is the changelog.
– Improved system performance
– Updated Android security patch to 2021.08
– Improvement of the Internet connection and optimization of the Wi-Fi signal
PiunikaWeb started out as an investigative technology journalism website, focusing primarily on âbreakingâ or âexclusiveâ news. In no time at all, our stories were picked up by Forbes, Foxnews, Gizmodo, TechCrunch, Engadget, The Verge, Macrumors and many more. Do you want to know more about us? To manage here.