Do you own one of these computers? Update now to fix serious security vulnerabilities
You never know when a dangerous fault will appear. For example, HP recently had to patch four dangerous vulnerabilities in its printers that exposed them to hackers.
Today, several computer models are vulnerable to two security bugs that can have devastating consequences if left uncorrected. You should immediately obtain this critical update if you have affected models.
Read on to see what the vulnerabilities expose you to and what you can do about it.
Here is the backstory
HP has found two flaws that need to be fixed urgently, such as CVE-2021-3808 and CVE-2021-3809 are both classified as high severity. The issues were first discovered in November last year and, when left unpatched, hackers can exploit them to gain access to your computer and run malware. This means that criminals can take full control of your device.
HP did not detail the nature of the flaws, stating only that it “may allow execution of arbitrary code”. the Complete list of affected models is vast, but it includes:
- Elite Dragonfly
- EliteBook 1040 G4
- ProBook 430 G5
- ZBook 15u G5
- Z1 All-in-One G3 Workstation
- Z2 G5 tower workstation
What can you do about it
Whenever there is an update for your devices whether it is security related or adds more features, you should always download it as soon as possible.
If the HP Driver and Software application is installed, it should automatically download and update the affected files. You can also go to the HP customer support page and download the patch from there:
- Go to https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers.
- Click on your type of devicesuch as laptop, desktop or “other” for workstations.
- If you are accessing the page from your HP device, click Let HP detect your product.
- On another device, you can also enter the serial number or name.
- Click on Detect my drivers to let HP show you the one you need, or you can click BIOS system firmware and download the version 01.09.01 Rev.A.
- Once done, install it as you would other software.
You can also navigate to the May 2022 security updates and find your model in the drop-down menus. Once you find your model in the list, click the SoftPaq link on the right side to directly download the update.
150 HP Printers Vulnerable to Hackers – Fix These Flaws Now
Millions of HP Computers at Risk – See the List